The Lancaster County Chiefs of Police Association, and several of its member agencies, have entered into an agreement to conduct a cooperative testing process for the position of police officer. The agencies participating at this time include:
Akron Borough PD Christiana Borough PD Columbia Borough PD East Cocalico Township PD East Hempfield Township PD East Lampeter Township PD Elizabethtown Borough PD Ephrata Borough PD Lancaster County Prison
Lancaster City PD (39 W. Chestnut St., Lancaster)
Lititz Borough PD Manheim Borough PD Manheim Township PD Manor Township PD Mount Joy Borough PD New Holland Borough PD Northern Lancaster County Regional PD Northwest Regional PD Southern Regional PD
Strasburg Borough PD Susquehanna Regional PD West Earl Township PD West Hempfield Twp PD
Applications can be submitted by going to www.lancastercops.org and clicking on "Employment."
All police departments offer an exciting opportunity for a police career in well established and/or expanding communities with very competitive salary and benefits packages. All departments involved in the cooperative testing process encourage qualified candidates to apply, and are Equal Opportunity Employers
ADDITIONAL LCPD REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to Pass:
- Physical Ability Test
- Reading and comprehension test (only for those who pass the physical ability exam)
- Oral interview (only for those who pass the reading and comprehension exam).
- Ability to pass a medical examination (i.e., no major or minor defects).
- Weight in proportion to height.
- Vision – Standard for vision is based on MPOETC requirements.
- Candidate must successfully pass an extensive background investigation. Conviction of a Felony WILL bar appointment; a Misdemeanor MAY bar appointment.
- Candidate must pass a psychological evaluation.
- Candidate must consent to a polygraph examination prior to appointment to the Bureau.
- All City employees must undergo a drug test.
- Candidate must pass an oral interview with the Bureau Staff.
- Applicant must possess a valid Pennsylvania Operator’s License at the time of appointment.
- Within one year of hire, officer must reside in Lancaster County or within a twenty (20) mile radius of Penn Square.