The Lancaster County Chiefs of Police Association, 23 of its member agencies, and PoliceApp.com have entered into an agreement to conduct a cooperative testing process for the position of police officer.
How it works:
Pay one fee + Take one physical assessment + Take one written exam = Valid test results for 12 months
A single application fee of $75 covers your fee for a standardized written exam, physical assessment, and all PoliceApp processing fees when you submit an application to a participating department during a 12-month period.
Your 12-month application eligibility period begins on the date you take the written exam. During this period, you may apply for any position advertised by a department participating in the LCCPA program online with PoliceApp.com, provided you meet that department’s minimum score requirements, as well as any other department-specific prerequisites.
In May 2017, PoliceApp.com will open up applications for this test.
The agencies participating at this time include:
Akron Boro PD
Christiania Boro PD
Clay Township (Northern Lancaster County Regional PD)
Columbia Boro PD
East Cocalico PD
East Earl Twp PD
East Hempfield Twp PD
East Lampeter Twp PD
Elizabethtown Boro PD
Ephrata Boro PD
Lancaster City PD
Lancaster County Prison
Lititz Boro PD
Manheim Boro PD
Manheim Twp PD
Manor Twp PD
Millersville Boro PD
Millersville University PD
Mount Joy Boro PD
New Holland Boro PD
Northern Lancaster County Regional PD
Northwest Regional PD
Penn Township (Northern Lancaster County Regional PD)
Quarryville Boro PD
Southern Regional PD
Strasburg Boro PD
Susquehanna Regional PD
West Earl Twp PD
West Hempfield Twp PD
West Lampeter Twp PD
Applications can be submitted in May 2016 by going to https://www.policeapp.com/ and clicking on "Employment."
All police departments offer an exciting opportunity for a police career in well established and/or expanding communities with very competitive salary and benefits packages. All departments involved in the cooperative testing process encourage qualified candidates to apply, and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
ADDITIONAL Lancaster City PD REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to Pass:
- Physical Ability Test
- Reading and comprehension test (only for those who pass the physical ability exam)
- Oral interview (only for those who pass the reading and comprehension exam).
- Ability to pass a medical examination (i.e., no major or minor defects).
- Weight in proportion to height.
- Vision – Standard for vision is based on MPOETC requirements.
- Candidate must successfully pass an extensive background investigation. Conviction of a Felony WILL bar appointment; a Misdemeanor MAY bar appointment.
- Candidate must pass a psychological evaluation.
- Candidate must consent to a polygraph examination prior to appointment to the Bureau.
- All City employees must undergo a drug test.
- Candidate must pass an oral interview with the Bureau Staff.
- Applicant must possess a valid Pennsylvania Operator’s License at the time of appointment.
- Within one year of hire, officer must reside in Lancaster County or any contiguous Pennsylvania county (Berks, Chester, Dauphin, Lebanon, and York).