Business Camera Registry
Registering your camera not only helps deter crime, but assists the
Department in its overall crime prevention strategy in your neighborhood.
Protect yourself, your family and your community by registering your camera.
Registration is simple. You will provide basic information and tell us where your cameras are located. There is no cost associated with registration and your information is confidential. You will only be contacted by the Lancatser City Police Department in the future if there is a criminal incident in the vicinity of your security camera. Police personnel, if necessary, may request a copy of any video captured by your camera, which may assist in the investigation of a crime.
The goal of the Camera Registry program is to deter crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Lancaster City Police Department and the community we serve. Accordingly, all camera registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Lancaster City Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
2. Relevant information is reserved for official use by the Lancaster City Police Department and will not be released to any member of the general public or press.
3. If necessary, the Lancaster City Police Department will contact you directly, using the information provided on this site, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
4. Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the City of Lancaster and/or the Lancaster City Police Department through the camera registry program.
5. Under no circumstances shall the Lancaster City Police Department utilize any information obtained to view footage/feeds directly from cameras owned by registrants.